YETI JK Heavy Duty Top Mount Steering Linkage for drilled knuckles
by Steer Smarts
Part number: 78069001
STEER SMARTS presents our HEAVY DUTY steering linkage “The YETI Series™” for your Jeep JK Wrangler. We applied our 85 years of steering “lessons learned” to develop the strongest most durable linkage ever built for the Wrangler. The YETI Series™ linkage was engineered from the ground up with extreme detail to every component.
This HD Top Mount Steering Linkage is for Jeep JK Wranglers that have the Reid Knuckles installed or have the knuckle drilled out with the split bushing installed that accepts a standard stud. This kit does not include the bushing that was required for the drilled knuckle. Draglink bolts to the customers Reid knuckle or modified knuckle that has the split bushing installed and pitman arm holes.
Steering linkage kit includes:
Part # 78065001 Tie Rod Assembly
Part # 78066001 Drag Link Assembly
TIE ROD AND DRAG LINK ASSEMBLIES:
- Fully assembled linkages ready to install.
- Epoxy powder coated with e-coated threads for lasting appearance under harsh conditions.
- Engineered for proper clearance to other chassis components
- Linkage and all components are MADE IN THE USA.
- 30mm ball joints are the largest and strongest ever assembled in a Wrangler steering linkage.
- Cold headed medium carbon alloy steel ball studs provide incredible impact toughness for extreme duty usage.
- Ball studs are also induction heat treated - greatly improving their ultimate and fatigue strength, as well as wear resistance for superior off road durability.
- Steel bearings are also used for exceptional ball joint wear resistance and robustness.
- High quality seals are a very important feature for ensuring long ball joint life. Our superior seals have been rigorously tested to minimize leakage between grease service intervals which greatly improves our ball joint reliability over our competition.
- Our “Reverse Pin” ball joint technology on our rod ends prevent our linkage from flopping or rocking during those nasty washboard type roads, or other extreme off road trail conditions for significant improvement in ball joint durability. This reverse pin technology is built inside the socket for both drag link and tie rod ends, and, are not just weak external add on supports like some inferior linkages use.
- All drag link and tie rod end ball joints are greaseable for greater reliability.
- All drag link and tie rod ends are forged from medium carbon high hardenability steel and heat treated for even greater buckling, impact, and fatigue strength.
- Large 1 ¼ inch rolled threads at tie rod adjuster and draglink ends provide significantly increased strength over the original equipment threads.
- Designed for the proper clearance to other chassis components to eliminate interferences, and unplanned additional modifications.
- External threads are e-coated for long term serviceability.
- Both draglink and tie rod adjusters are manufactured from large 1.625" diameter ¼ inch thick wall high strength 4130 DOM Steel tubing for increased buckling strength, to provide extreme impact resistance.
- Adjusters are slotted with clamps at both ends to assure proper clamp force using conventional tools without the possible risk of loosening like large jam nut designs.
- Adjusters have right and left hand threads to allow for easy length adjustment when setting the vehicles steering wheel and front end toe alignment.
- Internal threads and tube are also e-coated for long term serviceability
Linkage fits all JK Wrangler models 2007 to 2016 including Rubicon and Unlimited that has the drilled knuckle and split bushing that fits the standard stud.
Note: A minimum of 16” diameter wheels must be used with the JK high steer knuckle kit, "16" wheel w/ min 4.5 back spacing ".
1. This linkage requires a 1.625 diameter damper bracket that is not included.
2. Split bushing for drilled knuckle hole not included.